Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Work in Engineering project team to support the Project Manager and EPCM during the design engineering phase including technical engineering. Screening potential contractors when needed.
- During the construction phase, take care of monitoring and controlling onsite work progress, scheduling, quality and cost to ensure the project running smoothly. Timely report the project status in different stage.
- Manage vendors & contractors onsite, analyze the potential risk and recommend to mitigate the problems from construction (EHS, manpower, logistics …) ; cross work with the people from functional dept. to support technical data and release needed resources onsite to ensure the installation of new assembly workshop and timely delivery.
- Perform or support cold commissioning of the equipment before handing over to the Process team
- Perform engineering and technical support to the projects when needed.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor degree or preferably Master in engineering
- Technical knowledge and/or background in order to interpret the technical documents (chemical and mechanical).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering project environment, preferably in the chemical or ceramic powder industry (field experience is a plus)
- Fluent in oral and written Polish and (technical) English language
- Knowledge of Engineering design products (e.g. Autocad) and project scheduling methods (e.g. PERT, Gantt, MS project)
- Experience with project and/or process safety management systems is a plus.
- Positive and commit to work, can work independently
- Result - oriented, self -motivation
- Ability to work in a matrix structure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
You start with a training period in Asia of approx. 1 year.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?