South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Administration, Legal, Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
As a manager of the RBM global R&D organization, NCT Manager will manage “Korean national core technologies (NCT)” regulation and comply with global regulation. He/She will set up strategies with relevant stake holders to secure information flow, technology & product, Drawing, and Bill of Materials (BOM) accordingly.
- NCT Regulation & Requirement related
- Review NCT’s requirement for company’s product/technology/BOM/Drawing
- Implement NCT compliance within RBM and set strategy with relevant stakeholders accordingly
- Manage NCT protection level and security management regulation as well as protection area designation and access control
- Manage security of communication facilities and means of communication in NCT protected areas
- Security training for NCT R&D and necessary personnel in whole organization
- In charge of NCT Export Control related approval and reporting
- Investigate and measures for leakage and infringement of industrial technology
- Security measures related legal management tasks such as Industrial Technology Protection Act in IT
- Other related administration and ad hoc tasks
- Master’s in law or 7+ years’ experience in R&D planning functions, including external affairs
- Recognized expertise in NCT compliance & Legal matters
- Fluency in both oral and written English is a must. Fluency in French, German, Dutch, or Korean is a plus.
- Solid experience in R&D process
- Active networker who can communicate openly
- Self-motivated person with respectful team player
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?