China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Leads the maintenance team complying with guidance set by Asset Manager.
- Maintenance management (1st line maintenance)
- Effectively manage maintenance issues to be resolved to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
3. Maintenance management (2nd line maintenance)
- Execute the Planned Maintenance schedule, ensure full preventative and predictive maintenance to be carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned downtime and reducing unplanned downtime
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
4. Maintenance management (support 3nd line & project)
5. Safety, Health, Environment & Quality compliance
6. People Management
7. Financial and Budget Control
8. Communication & Relationship Management
9. Produce written reports and make presentations
BSc with above 10 years of experience or over 12 years working experience after technical educational/high school in maintenance or engineering in plant.
- Technical skills:
Knowledge and understanding of mechanical, electrical, electronic and instrumentation controls
Knowledge of reliability engineering & developing of preventive maintenance items
Computer skills: maintenance scheduling software(MS project) and Office
Basic knowledge on finance & procurement processes
- Managerial skills:
Excellent leadership and people management skills
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
Good written, verbal and presentation skills in English
Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?