Maintenance and Engineering Manager
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Maintenance, EHS/Quality, Engineering
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Providing and implementing the Maintenance Management strategy and objectives in line with RBM level and site strategy and objectives and in compliance with internal quality standards and total productive maintenance principles
- Optimally organize the work in the maintenance management department, making clear job descriptions and training plans
- Analyze maintenance costs and equipment reliability and ensure an optimal balance between preventive, corrective maintenance and investment projects
- Support, deploy and assess all EHS policies, including contractor safety policy, energy saving plan and dust reduction plan and assure full compliance with legal and Umicore EHS regulations
- Manage and develop the quality, enviromental and safety systems of maintenance department in compliance with TS16949, ISO 9001/14001, OSHAS18001 and assure that quality issues related to [site] equipment are quickly and effectively assessed
- Define the yearly equipment investment (CAPEX) budget and maintenance (OPEX) budget in close cooperation with the different department managers and the "Process, Technology and Engineering" department, closely follow up the timely execution of all projects and determine the long-term equipment investment and maintenance strategy
Education: MSc with min. 8 years experiences in maintenance or engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical maintenance and engineering; Knowledge of reliability engineering
- Computer skills: maintenance scheduling software, office software (Excel, Access and Word)
- Knowledge of statistical tools (6 sigma)
- Understanding of Engineering tools (CAD, HMI systems, PLC programming,...)
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Excellent people management and team management stills
- Thorough and practical management knowledge and skills of TPM
- Ability to organize and coach his team and to organize project teams
- Control and manage projects by means of project management methodology
- Ability in strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical/logical thinking, creative problem-solving and decision making ability.
- Self-motivativated, reasonable, open minded
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for a new environment
- Excellent written and spoken Polish and English communication
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!