Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Manage the site EHS team: lead the team, optimally organize, develop the team members.
- Ensure policies, procedures and training programs for Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) are developed and adhered to and meet all corporate policies, guidelines and legislative requirements
- Driving all necessary EHS programs to reach the EHS goals as set by RBM EHS
- Provide EHS strategy and objectives in line with RBM EHS directives
- Manage the EHS management systems including ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001.
- Manage REACH requirements for the site
- Follow up on MOC in terms of screening changes in function of EHS requirements
- Direct responsible for legal and internal reporting and assuring full legal compliance of EHS related programs
- Provide guidance and follow up on compliance to PSM requirements
Who we are looking for
- Degree/diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, as required by government law
- Strong experience in the EHS, preferably in chemical manufacturing
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of Polish Health and Safety Regulatory requirements
- Fluent in oral and written Polish and English language
- Solid experience in EHS management system
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence and motivate employees, management and contractors to meet Umicore EHS goals
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
You start with a training period in Asia and Belgium of approx. 3 month.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?