Applied Technology Manager
United States, Auburn Hills_ USA
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do? To learn more visit us at www.umicore.com. To add to our valuable team olf dedicated employees Umicore USA Inc. is currently seeking an Applied Technology Manager.
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Project management of product qualification processes from initial sampling to finalization of PPAP.
- Managing customer / market related work packages in product and process development programs.
- Reporting to R&D Management on progress, status and issues regarding the qualification activities.
- Cultivating a strong relationship with the customers’ technical teams
- Liaison with OEMs and support business development teams
- Build a deep understanding of the technology requirements of current and future applications
- Ensure adequate internal communication of technical customer needs/requirements
- Collaborate with technical colleagues in Research & Technology (R&D/RTC) for both Research and Development projects
- Technical promotion of new products to customers and technical promotion activities of the RBM business line including fairs, seminars, etc.
Education & Technical Background
- B.S in Engineering, Master of Science or PhD in ChemistryAppplied Science
- 5 years experience in a B2B technical environment in electronics, high tech or automotive industry
- Experience in the li ion rechargeable battery technology/industry
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Structured approach in project management
- Enthusiastic & dynamic team player
- Able to work independently under pressure with timely delivery
- Flexible and results driven
- Experience in meeting customer demands
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organization, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law. If you need assistance in applying for this position please contact Denise Daley at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their applications, However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.