Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Responsible for the preparation and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with RBM & RBMP policies and procedures.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site/store on time.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and services with suppliers.
- Negotiate for best Procurement & Logistics package in terms of quality, price, term, delivery and service with suppliers and sub-contractors assigned.
- Purchase and issue order in accordance to specification.
- Plan and manage inventory levels of materials or products.
- Source for new parts, suppliers or sub-contractors when the need arises.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers (local and overseas).
- Ensure competent quality execution of all regular Procurement & Logistics duties and administrative works.
- Maintain complete updated Procurement & Logistics records/data and pricing in the system.
- Prepare reports and summarize data including invoice and order value.
- Schedule supplier audits and conduct potential competitive sourcing survey.
- Execution and monitoring of all regular Procurement & Logistics duties.
- Coordinate with user departments and suppliers in the Procurement & Logistics scope of work for projects assigned.
- Assist in managing and following up specific assigned projects such as local sourcing and indirect material warehouse setup.
- Handling and monitoring of claims to factories and vendors for defectives, shortage, missing parts.
- Support relevant departments with quotations for the purpose of tenders.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Organizing SAP flows & relevant trainings in relation to RPL procurement functions
- 3-7 years solid experience in Procurement & Logistics including indirect material warehouse
- Basic business and finance knowledge
- Project management and execution experience
- both oral and written English skills required
- Capable user of PC MS office applications, SAP, other IT tools
- Good Negotiation and communication skills
- Good mix of conceptual/strategic thinking and practical execution
- Enthusiastic team player with an open "can do" mentality
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Independent, self-initiative
- Innovative and adaptable to change
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!