RBM R&D Project Leader PCC (Cheonan, South Korea)
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
External Job Description
Purpose of the job
The project leader is responsible for the research, development and piloting of new cathode materials products and processes within the RBM-R&D organization at Umicore Korea. His/Her specific focus is on precursor materials where he/she manages the new product/process development projects and transfer them to mass production.
- Analyse and manage research projects in all its aspects (definition, implementation and follow up).
- Build a profound or broad knowledge or expertise.
- Make the expertise available within other R&D projects.
- Acquire knowledge on new techniques and generate ideas for new developments.
- Maintain the internal network within the R&D structure in order to share expertise with colleagues
- Support qualification of products at customers by preparation of precursor samples at lab- and pilot-scale
- Transfer of new precursor products and process into mass production
- Development of precursor (product and process) competences within the RBM organization
- Generation of IP
- Open and communicative attitude
- Creative in science and technology
- Target driven
- Project management skills
- Good people skill
- Project organization skill
- Communication in both Korean and English are required
- Ph.D in materials science / chemistry / chemical engineering / physics and experience in battery industry will be plus
- MS. in materials science / chemistry / chemical engineering / physics and + 4 ~ 6 years’ experience in battery industry