South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Organize and qualitatively develop the PRA in cooperation with the PRA scribe, the owner of the process and process engineers.
- Controls the PHA/PRA teams.
- Safeguards the organization and efficiency of the PHA/PRA
- The practical and effective interpretation, implementation and execution of both external (K-OSHA/ MOEL) and internal Umicore Guidelines related to Process Safety Management (PSM) that impact multiple areas and departments within the RBMK site.
- Working with key stakeholders and evaluate the technical, safety and regulatory impact of proposed equipment and process changes as it applies to PSM and provide leadership in risk-based decision making.
- Leading comprehensive Process Hazard Analysis (PHAs) & Preliminary risk assessment (PRA) on both exiting processes/facilities and capital projects.
- MSc or BSc in safety engineering minimum 5 year’s operational experience in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Capable to steer functional PHA/PRA teams existing out of people from different departments to moderate and if necessary to be the moderator to come to an agreed solution
- Knowledge of chemistry is required
- Capable to learn and understand specific relevant Umicore processes
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?