Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Define and monitor operating parameters in order to have stable production operation and, minimize quality and safety issues. However, Production Technologist does not define and/or change any process conditions, which can directly impact product quality.
- Eventually supports Process Control team (PC) to minimize nonconformities and guarantee stable quality.
- Responsible to keep all documentation required to run production, such as SOP, OPL and control plan, updated and available. Create some of these documents when related to operating parameters. Create proper documentation to describe best way of doing process steps.
Improvements in production
- Act to prevent malfunction in production, in cooperation with relevant departments.
- Implement ideas to increase Production efficiency (e.g lead time reduction, productivity, cost and scrap reduction, OEE and FPY) and Safety standards. Facilitator in Production team for the Operational Excellence initiatives
- Coordinate improvements proposals program and be a link with other cathode teams
- Eventually be project manager in case of projects related to his scope of activities
- Act in order to minimize production losses and reestablish production as fast as possible, always following EHS guidelines
- Bachelor in engineering (chemistry, metallurgy, materials science or similar) with minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing plant
- Capable to work with several priorities under time pressure
- Experience in Kaizen philosophy and FMEA
- Good undertanding and experience of manufacturing processes
- Advanced writen and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving ability and continuous improvement mindset
- Positive attitude and flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Able to work most of the time at shopfloor
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!