Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Manage shift leaders to deliver product mix and volume required by Site Planning
- Organize production activities (4 shifts) in terms of resources (equipment and workforce) in cooperation with shift leaders
- Manage KPI's related to production and take the actions to improve it, in cooperation with Production Engineer and Technicians
- Organize maintenance work in cooperation with AM by guiding them in terms of priorities
- Act to prevent malfunction in production, in cooperation with Asset management.
- Follow EHS guidelines and contribute to increase our environment, safety and health culture
- Act in order to minimize production losses and resume production as fast as possible, always following EHS guidelines
- Manage work in process (WIP) material, making sure we have minimal losses and best OEE
- Make sure that Production follows procedures, work descriptions, control plans and all related documentation to produce with quality and safety
- Interact with peers such as Production Engineer/technitians and QEHS Coordinator to promote process improvement
- Technical background: chemistry, mechanics, materials or industrial processes. Minimum 5 years experience in this field
- Good undertanding of EHS guidelines and Quality system requirements
- Proven leading team experience
- Good undertanding and experience of manufacturing processes
- Good writen and spoken English is mandatory
- Communication ans team working skills
- Positive attitude and flexibility to work in a changing environment
- Able to work most of the time in the shopfloor
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?