Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Support Site Planning to elaborate the best production planning, by having close communication, giving accurate production data and visualizing conflicts, limitations and bottlenecks
- Execute, in the best efficient way, production planning as received by Site Planning team
- Engage the overall production performance: products quality, process control, OEE, FPY, standardization, sustainable improvement activities (5S, SAP, KPI and BBP)
- Ensure the EHS excellence to match up Corporate strategy, improving safety performance and reducing/eliminating worker’s exposure against environmental risks (dust, high temperature, etc.)
- Build up the required competence of the production organization personnel through hiring, training, communication, assessment, etc.
- Execute the production responsibility to establish the team objectives. Evaluate related activities accordingly
- Define the production budget and follow up the cost saving target
- Management of WIP (wok in process), slow moving products, consumables and scrap. Keep them under control and take actions to reduce inventory level
- Collaborate and support the "Process, Technology and Engineering" department to develop the cathode process technology and increasing of production throughput or capacity (e.g. expansion projects or adding new lines)
Education: Master's degree, 10 years chemical industry work experience, solid production & people management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of hydro metallurgical processes, specifically for battery materials
- Knowledge of operations management (planning, production systems, 5S, Kaizen,…)
- Basic knowledge of product cost calculation
- Basic knowledge of Q, E and S management systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14000, OSHAS 18001)
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access, Word and SharePoint)
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools (6 sigma)
- Firm knowledge of process safety requirements
- Good written and spoken Polish and English communication
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Ability to organize and coach his team and to organize project teams
- Control and manage projects by means of PX methodology
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving ability
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment
- Honest and straightforward thinking
- Good at communicating, coordinating and innovating
- Well-organized, structured mindset and good at problem shooting and solving
- Able to cope with stress
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture, that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!