Market Intelligence Analyst
China, Shanghai - RHQ
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Sales & Marketing
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Responsible for collecting data (eg. volume, timing, value, players…etc), delivering consolidated battery materials forecasting.
- Data will be collected through eg. reading reports, market research, data computation and analysis, company visits and conference participation.
- Prepares and distributes following reports:
- China import and export statistics for battery materials (both cathode and precursor)
- China battery materials monthly output per players
- China EV battery monthly installed volumes per players
- ad-hoc report or data on other regions as requested
- Responsible for maintain the database and relevant files stored at RBM SharePoint
- Bachelor degree or above in science, minimum 3 years experiences in marketing or business, Li-ion battery or New Energy Vehicle industry background is preferred
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills, ability of database software is a plus
- Multilingual (English, and minimum one out of other languages like Dutch, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese)
- Excellent communication skills (horizontal, vertical and external / oral and written)
- Able to deal with variety and large amount data
- Able to deliver under pressure
- Good analytical skills and detail orientation
- Willingness to travel both domestically and overseas
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?