Manager Process Control
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Leads a team of engineers that monitors and controls production condition of all production lines of RBM Poland for a stable quality of the products, standardization and optimization of the process technology.
The team also starts the new production lines, perform trouble shooting of processes and testing of new equipment & products
- Propose improvements of the process efficiency, perform equipment or process testing and implement the approved changes in close cooperation with RBM domain mgr Product Technology.
- Integrates technology transfers (new products or change of lines), qualification trials for products or raw materials and changes of process (MOC) coming from other RBM sites
- Assist Production on a daily basis to solve process issues and for the retreatment of low grade products.
- Together with Quality Department, review the stability of the product quality over time
- Participate to the identification and solution of quality problems (VOC) related to process and the implementation of the resulting controls
Who we are looking for
- Master or bachelor degree with more than 5 years working experience in chemical or materials engineering, preferably in similar process control function.
- Native Polish speaker, Fluent in English
- Ability to learn and understand RBM production process and product characteristics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (numerical and inductive ability), solid understanding of statistical methods (black belt)
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure in contact with different Dpts
- Good Communication skills
- People management, leadership skills
- Positive work attitude
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
You start with a training period in Asia of approx. 1 year.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?