South Korea, Seoul UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
You will manage K-REACH (Korean Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation of Chemical Substances) of the RBM and CSM product portfolio.
- Manage dossier preparations in collaboration with consortia and consultants.
- Provide data to the consultants and consortia
- Follow-up on the work of consultants
- Manage the Letters of Access and the Letters to Use of the dossiers and the data
Act as the regulatory compliance expert on K-REACH.
- Act as expert on the K-REACH regulation and follow up on all regulatory developments
- Give support to various departments by translating the technical content to the business (e.g. Business Development, Sales, R&D, Purchasing, etc)
Act as first contact for product developments at RBM Korea.
- Manage SDS for new products
- Be the liaison between the local product developments and the rest of the product stewardship team
- Able to deal with multiple issues in parallel and unexpected changes and solution-driven.
- An excellent and convincing communicator, who makes easy contact with people.
- Decisive and focused on results.
- Independent but who is a team player
- Customer service minded.
- Holds university degree in a scientific field (e.g. chemistry, biomedical science, environmental science).
- Experience with Korean product regulations and in particular K-REACH. Experience with other international product regulations is a plus.
- Fluent in Korean and English (oral and written).
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?