Battery R&D Manager
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
Within the Research & Technology organization, the Battery R&D Manager will manage the small & large battery application labs in order to achieve company RBM innovation objectives in : further building of competences in understanding Lithium-Ion battery technology at cell level
Manage supporting activities to related Departments
- Define scope and priority of materials testing programs in the different applications labs together with Materials Research Teams leader
- Development of new testing methods to support material development or qualification at customers
- Generate cell data (TDP) on developmental and commercial products to support market introduction
Coordination battery research centers
- Define quarterly objectives & plans for the different battery test centers
- Standardization of procedures, reporting for the different sites
- Coordination of battery & components supply chain for the different sites
Management of external collaborations in battery field
Manage Applications Lab Operations
- Ph.D or MSc in materials science with +10 years’ experience in battery industry
- Specific development experience in designing lithium-ion batteries models such as cylindrical, prismatic, polymer, and power cell.
- Good understanding of manufacturing process and equipment for lithium-ion battery
- Good problem-solving ability (detecting issues during battery making process, investigating, proposing solutions,…)
- Able to interpret performance result and link them to materials properties
- Good understanding of synthesis, structure, and physical and electrical properties of the cathode material used in battery.
- Data mining skills to find the relation between coin and full cells.
- Fluent in both Korean and English.
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?