Applied Technology Manager RBM
China, Guangzhou - UMS
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
- Well-structured project management of product qualification processes. Regular reporting to R&D Management on progress, status and issues regarding the qualification activities.
- Cultivate a strong relationship with the customers’ technical teams through regular formal and informal contacts. (Collaborates closely with the Commercial Manager for customer relationship management). Provide technical customer service. Coordination with production plants and QA for customer service.
- Build a deep understanding of the technology requirements of current and future applications and follow-up on the evolution of technical roadmaps at the different accounts. Ensure adequate internal communication of technical customer needs/requirements and assist in identifying the most adequate fit between those needs/requirements and our technology solutions portfolio. Timely/systematic collection, analysis and reporting of technical market and customer data (materials, roadmaps, performance benchmarking, …)
- Collaborate with technical colleagues in Research & Technology (R&D/RTC) for both Research and Development projects. Build a deep understanding of the different R&T projects and the materials in the pipe-line, RBM’s commercial products and technologies, production capabilities and limitations, QA capabilities. Collaborate with Application Labs to assist in defining/fine-tuning application/full cell tests to improve the relevancy/quality of the technical data sets for our materials and share/build-up application know-how.
- Technical promotion of new products to customers. Assist in the preparation of Technical Data Sheets and Technical Data Packages for RBM products.
- Technical promotion activities of the RBM Business Line in its geographical territory, including fairs, seminars...
University degree in Engineering, MSc or PhD in chemistry/Applied Sciences with affinity for business (application / customer oriented)
- Work experience:
10 years experience, preferably in a B2B technical environment in electronics or high tech industry or automotive industry. Preferably good understanding of or experience in the Li-ion rechargeable battery technology/industry.
- Managerial skills:
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
Structured approach in project management
Customer and service minded – Relationship builder
Willingness to travel abroad (max. 10% of total working time)
- Language skills:
Fluent in both oral and written English is a must
- Other skills:
Capable user of PC MS office applications
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?