Anaplan Senior model builder
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 05-12-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About our Business Supporting Functions (IT and others)
A global organisation. It’s not just those in our industrial sites and technical centres that are vital to Umicore’s growth. Across our business supporting functions we ensure that we continue to grow and evolve – whether it’s by making sure our decisions are commercially viable, enhancing our reputation, building new customer relationships or finding the right people who can build on what we’ve already achieved. The variety of our work means we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As Anaplan Senior model builder you will be the main Senior Anaplan model builder and data model specialist within our IS team. You are in charge of complex data models, based on the in depth understanding of the business, and their requirements. We have an exciting vision of the future and by crafting accurate, flexible and in time data models, you will provide the information required in the business to guide them towards new goals and future challenges!
The job consists of gathering, translating and converting high critical and very complex business requirements into clear data models and data sets. We believe that the existing architecture (key foundations in the system set-up) is vital, and we hope that the dimensions, structures, formulas and logic in the other models are being safeguarded by you. The alignment on the data sets will have to be organized together with the central business IT team and corporate IT team.
We work agile to transform the existing models into new and improved models. Like this we can support the business in constantly evolving market conditions. We love sprint planning and testing sessions!
Mentoring and assisting the junior model builders in their Anaplan knowledge is a vital part of your assignment. As a senior data modeler you understand business processes and you have a deep understanding about the existing Anaplan models and data structure,
For the execution of the Operational planning, operational production execution, financial forecasting, budgeting and planning our hope is that we can learn from you.
- Contribute to the functional designs of data models and data depositories in SAP4/H BW in order to be able to build the accurate data models in Anaplan
- Your are the liaison between the business and the IT department on the creation of the different data sets and the data models
Who we are looking for
- Master’s degree in information technology, finance, applied computer sciences or a related field
- Strong, sincere and proven interest in data, data modelling and data interactions
- Up to 5 years experience with Anaplan data modelling
- Having experience in leading a project team of junior model builders
- Knowledge of business processes
- Expert skills of excel spreadsheet modelling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts etc.
- Ability to translate from model building in Excel to multi-dimensional technologies
- Strong understanding of data integration
- Must possess business knowledge, strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of financial, commercial and operational flows and interactions between different entities and teams
- Excellent People Management
- Strong coordination and communication skills (ability to present processes and Anaplan solutions in a clear, structured and simple way)
- Fluent in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our technologies can tackle some of the world’s most pressing challenges, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO