Capex Controller - Rechargeable Battery Materials
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 10-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- You will take the lead in working out the controlling framework around all CAPEX of the business unit, and will focus on defining and implementing a CAPEX controlling roadmap in order to achieve a performant controlling environment.
- As a single point of contact on all CAPEX controlling related matters, you will set up close relationships as business partner towards engineering, the relevant management team members, the other finance & controlling functions and any corporate departments.
- You will take ownership of increasing the quality of the current capex reporting, forecasting and budgeting process, set up capex reporting and financial planning systems, and follow up and analyse the actual capex spent on a monthly basis. Also follow up of internal control and funding is part of the scope.
- Act as Interface with Business Development Controlling and feed and update frequently the project Capex data to Business Development Controlling, you will be an important contributor to the overall project business plan.
As a result of the growth, the Battery Materials Business will not only further expand in existing sites but will also manage its production needs through further increasing number of manufacturing sites globally. In the vision of the coming years, billions of investments will be made.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a colleague with
- A master’s degree, preferably in Finance, Business Management or Commercial science
- A minimum experience of 7 years mainly in Controlling and Finance, including a good knowledge of Operational in general and CAPEX controlling in particular
- Fluent English
- Keen on IT software applications for Controlling and Finance, SAP modules knowledge
- Good understanding of primary International Financial Reporting Standards
- Willingness to travel occasionally (once or twice a year)
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO