RBM R&D Program Manager South Korea
South Korea, Cheonan
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Research & Development
Purpose of the job
As a R&D Program Manager you define, coordinate and execute a large-scale innovation program to meet specific business-driven innovation objectives. By monitoring progress and adjusting program priorities and resource needs, you will ensure your program meets its objectives within the defined time, scope and budget. You will have the functional authority over the project managers whose projects fall within your program and can require those projects to change their deliverables and timelines in accordance with the needs of the program.
- You define, coordinate and execute a consistent and prioritized innovation program based on individual projects in-line with the business-innovation objectives.
- You follow-up on the program execution within the scope, timing and budget and ensure corrective actions are put in place when needed.
- You report the program status and next steps towards the relevant steering committees and Innovation Board.
- You define and follow-up on the budget for the R&D program based on the available competencies and resource needs.
- You define together with the R&D Portfolio Director the resources and teams needed to realize the program targets at the start and during the execution of the program.
- You collaborate and build partnerships outside and across the RBM organization to ensure the success of the program.
- As R&D Program Manager you need to communicate with multiple departments within the RBM organization (R&D, engineering, marketing & sales, …). For the programs, you report directly to the program owner. For the program management, you will also be in regular contact with project teams outside the RBM organization and across different BU’s.
- You are based in South Korea and will regularly need to travel abroad (mostly Asia and US) or local within Europe to meet with the project teams and external partners
- You have a master or Phd in chemistry, physics, engineering, or related field, with minimum 5 years working experience within the domains of cross-functional research program management. Experience in Li-ion battery materials, manufacturing processes or product design is strong asset.
- You have a track record in organization, planning and coordination of large scale projects and experience in managing global research programs with significant financial value and complicated structure.
- Business acumen and good understanding of R&D finance (research budgeting/costing) and knowledge on how to utilize resources effectively on a global scale, are required.
- You are fluent in English, experience with Asian culture or language (Korean, Chinese) is a strong asset if you are not a Korean.
- Thorough knowledge of MS office products (with focus on Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of project scheduling programs is a plus (e.g. MS Project) is required
- You are a good communicator, with excellent presentation skills, confident in presenting to senior management
- Analytical thinking, problem-solving ability and strong drive for innovation and change, combined with a positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment are required in this position.
- You are able to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff in a matrix structure.
- You are an assertive person with impact, who can lead cross-functional teams and promote inter-team cooperation
- You can work independently under general direction, use your good sense of prioritization of assigned goals and manage time accordingly